Halo and Swan Signature
Hand Block-Printed Scarves
ancient craft * contemporary sensibility
Our Henna print is inspired by the art of Mehndi body decoration, practiced for over 5000 years in India and all throughout the Far East. Intricate symbolic designs made of natural plant dye from the Henna tree, are traditionally painted onto hands and feet as a blessing both as a daily beauty practice, and in ceremonial context like marriage, and giving birth. It is believed that henna brings good luck and happiness.
Available in 2 sizes, 100% organic cotton
- Oblong scarf is 22''x80'', A classic in any wardrobe. Styles beautifully
- Big Scarf/Sarong/Wrap is 44''x80', Luxurious and Versatile
We work hand in hand with master artisans in Rajasthan India to create your Halo and Swan scarf. Block-printing is a slow labor intensive process that results in fabrics prized for their rich and painterly patina. The beauty of this cloth is attainable only by the hand of master textile artisans skilled in this traditional art-form, passed down through generations. Thank you for supporting organic life, and heritage artisan traditions for a healthier planet and connected world cultural community.
- Sumptuous stone washed finish for a soft yet crisp hand
- Eco-Dyed with Azo free and all Natural dyes
- Got's Certified Organic fine loomed cotton voile
- Fair Trade Made
- Variations in the printing and color are hallmarks of hand blockprinting